- 5 Things Students Should Know about Academic Assignment Writing
- Writing Assignments Outline: Why Is It Important?
- Basic Assignment Writing Structure
- The Elements of Academic Writing Homework or in-Class Papers
- 5 Useful Tips to Write a Stunning Homework, in-Class, or Exam Essay
- Is There a Professional Writer to Help Me?
According to StatisticBrain, the percent of teachers who give more than one hour of homework writing tasks per night equals 11. You may be the “lucky” one to fall into that 11 %. Assignment writing is not a piece of cake, especially the examination essays. We will try to figure out how the process of writing assignments can be made simpler, clearer, less time-consuming, and more productive.
No need to write every single homework essay any longer! Find a helping hand in the face of the personal professional writer, whom you can hire on the trusted academic writing service!
Writing Assignments Outline: Why Is It Important?
When you decide to take a trip abroad, you write down the list of things you want to bring with you and places you wish to visit, don’t you? An effective assignment writing works the same way: every type of essay must have a writer’s plan. In the world of academic writing, the plan is called an outline; it is especially useful for process essay.
A college assignment writing cannot be shorter than five paragraphs; it is difficult to keep in mind thesis and three main arguments while switching between the paragraphs. What is the difference between an outline and table of contents? A table of contents is a detailed list of the themes the writer plans to cover in his work – an outline is more general, stressing the main points of the writing. Expert writers suggest that a student writes an outline to:
- Save the logical flow of the paper
- Reduce time spend on the writing process
- Assist in organizing ideas
- Make it possible to conduct in-depth research
- Divide a word count into separate sections to make the reading easy
Basic Assignment Writing Structure
Write an Introduction: every opening paragraph must contain a clear thesis statement and a summary/background describing the chosen topic in a few words. It is done to stress the importance of the selected topic. The writer must list the goals of the task by stressing the value of the provided knowledge regarding the studied school/college subject. Try to avoid long introductions. Write a single paragraph with no more than 5 sentences.
Writer’s example: Anorexia Nervosa is a complicated, life-threatening eating disorder that causes the dramatic loss of weight and serious health issues. It is translated as “a loss of appetite.”
It would be the writing background. The next information to include is the objective & structure. The writing assignments on this topic cover the pattern of condition’s development as epidemiology. The writer may add more details to get extra credits from his Healthcare & Medicine teacher (the amount of money necessary to solve the issue, the way psychologists can help, family support, etc.) Write about the interventions that refer to the chosen topic.
Mind thesis statement: Each essay should have a thesis statement. Thesis statement is the main idea of an essay. It's a sentence or rarely a couple of sentence that is usually placed in the end of the introductory part. Each thesis statement should be paper specific and succinct.
Write a Body: Write 3-5 body paragraphs. Do not overload your essay or another academic paper with many ideas. It will be time-consuming – the writer will have to study more sources, waste more time, and even money if the required information is not accessible.
Write a Conclusion: Do not miss your chance to impress the reading audience. Conclusion is the last step in essay writing. You may argue that the person is interested as they managed to read the writing assignment from cover to cover. The reader might be intrigued; a weak conclusion will disappoint the reader or make them angry for wasting precious time.
“Did you know that X number of people has died from Anorexia Nervosa by 2015? Do you still think we can ignore this problem?” Make the people shocked, cry, laugh, fear, or experience other powerful feelings to make them recall your writing assignments! You may also ask some provocative questions.
Rememeber the key components of the conclusion: restated thesis statement, summary of the main ideas discussed in paper, and concluding sentence.
The Elements of Academic Writing Homework or in-Class Papers
- Continuity of ideas: Provide the continuity of ideas both between the different parts of the essay and within a specific section. It helps the reading audience to follow your arguments. Every new paragraph must cover and interpret a new, single point, meaning there is no need to unite the points in one paragraph or dedicating one paragraph to all arguments at a time.
- Mind writer’s voice: In most cases, a writing assignment related to academic purposes does not imply the usage of a 1st person like ‘I’/’you.’ Build the paper in a neutral, third-person tone trying to emphasize the findings with the help of evidence and opinions collected from different primary & secondary sources. There are times when teachers allow using student’s thoughts while writing assignment. Creative writing assignments demand including personal views, points, innovative ideas, thoughts, experience, skills, and knowledge on the chosen topic of interest. In other situations, a student should support every point with the clear, unbiased image of the chosen topic. Insert personal point of view directly: “I think that implementing the offered approach to treating Anorexia Nervosa is not effective because…”
- Bullets and numbering: What is the best way to list several good ideas? If the required formatting allows, write down bullet lists to divide several points into separate categories. It is an effective element of visualization in assignment writing.
- Writing examples: Universal top visualization tool! If the writer discusses a health care issue like Anorexia Nervosa, he must include statistics/ figures/ tables and other relevant, credible sources to support your main point. If your topic is less serious, you may write several life examples from personal experience. Write down some jokes & other literary terms such as comparisons, metaphors, and similes, to enrich your content.
- Following the instructions: when you are working on paper makes sure that you have followed all the requirements mentioned in the guide. Filure to follow instructions might cost you a grade regardless of the quality of your paper.
- Word count: It is important to count the number of pages/words in your writing assignment to follow every requirement from the instructions. Do not overwrite!
- Leave some time for proofreading: no matter how confident you feel, always leave yourself some time to double-check the paper to make sure it contains no mistakes. Even if it's perfect, youmight need to introduce some corrections to the structure or the way you express ideas to make you assignment more logical.
5 Useful Tips to Write a Stunning Homework, in-Class, or Exam Essay
The final thing we did not mention in the previous paragraphs is the necessity to include the tables, graphs, and figures. They can effectively convey information to the target reading audience. The graphs and other visual elements go to Appendix, so they are not included in the word count. If your writing assignments are standard high school or college research papers, do not add more than a couple of tables/figures/graphs/images to your writing. Creative writing assignments do not need things like Appendix. Papers that contain these extras should contain clear headings and references for every visual element. Cite/Reference the images the same way you do with the sources written by other writers.
No matter whether the writer deals with the creative writing assignments or boring scientific papers, they should keep in mind these helpful tips:
- Check if everything in the instructions is clear. Is every word clear? Consult your teacher and ask every question you do not understand before you start writing than failing the assignment due to misunderstanding.
- Propose an authentic case. Such situation helps to deliver a clear sense of purpose & target readers.
- List the steps necessary to write the assignment (number of words/pages, thesis, notes, peer review, formatting in APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.)
- Structure writing assignments in a way that students realize their goal, which should relate to the course plan.
- It is important to insert grading criteria to make the young writers understand the most critical factors. Usually, it looks this way (example – Sociology exam writing assignment, 5-point scale):
Argument pertains to the relationship between social factors and learning process and is clearly, concisely built and highly defensible.
Even though the argument is defensible, the argument sounds not persuasive enough.
The existing group of arguments is not defensible after the student writes the paper.
From the student’s argument, the relationship between social factors and learning process cannot be seen.
The student writes down social factors and terms, but he does not involve any arguments.
Is There a Professional Writer to Help Me?
Add grammar, spelling, punctuation, formatting, and other smaller details – and the writer will obtain a full picture of A+ paper grading rubric. Yes, it is hard to master the art of academic assignment writing. The experience comes with ages. Get ready to fail some assignments before you start receiving As, or order a custom writing assignment on any topic from the top trusted online writers to speed up your progress!