How to Write a Process Essay to Get the Highest Grade
The process essays are a special type of academic assignments. In two words, writing a process essay is to explain to a reader ideas how to do something. If you want to know how to write a process essay, you’ll need to learn what topic to compose, how to arrange all steps into a complete instruction and how to hook a reader. Almost like to create a narrative essay. One of the best services experts offers their tips.
- Start with considering your best audience and start researching.
- Pick an interesting and relevant topic that implies a process or instruction.
- Write and create an outline of a process essay.
- Divide the instruction list into simple steps and ideas.
- Follow list order precisely.
- Supply each step with best tips, examples, and possible mistakes.
- Similarly to other essays, include the introduction and conclusion.
- In the introduction, add some words to hook a reader – describe a fact or an anecdote.
- Writing about the utility of the instruction is vital in the conclusion.
- Try to be unique and find unexpected approaches.
The best author has to contact and provide the audience with a complete and understandable process or algorithm of actions. These essays are not narrative – try to avoid the first-person pronouns. There may be rare exceptions: My Secret of Finding a Friend, How We Cook Our Family Dishes, etc. In most cases, create a new process essay that refers to technical or scientific subjects. The definition of this task is simple, you just need to explain a certain process to another person. Your goal and task is to be focused. Just like for a definition essay. Find out what is a definition essay in another blog we have on our platform.
Picking a Topic and a Subject
This is the primal step of your effective research and writing, no matter if you are writing a process or a narrative essay. It is working. It will distinguish your future text and success. To learn how to write a process essay you have to understand why you’re writing it. The main reason is supplying your audience with the important and useful knowledge they will be able to apply in the future. Start with the primal rule to bear in mind – the topic should be informative and actual for the audience.
Considering your audience is the next important step. Agree that primary school students will not be interested in this “How to Apply to a University”, and university students are not interested in “Instructions on Making Friends”.
If you write an essay for your specialized classes or group, try to help them according to mutual interests. A Spanish class will appreciate reading a text entitled “How to Learn Spanish Irregular Verbs”, and a music group will read a text “Important Steps of Taking Care of a Guitar”. Do not try to impress your don or tutor. They are not a part of your main audience.
Apply some humor. It is a good way to hook your audience. Your essay describes a process - make it lively and entertaining. Don’t apply a boring topic “How to make friends for the whole life”, try “how not to become a lonely pensioner”. This trick works better with educational instructions: “How to Study Well and Not to Get into a School Case”, “How to Survive a Year in a College”, etc.
If you are not sure that you can handle research, writing or picking a clear topic, use our professional writing site. There you will get complete online assistance with academic writing, including a full essay composition and help with separate parts.
Outline for a Process Essay
The structure of this essay type is simple – it does not differ from a standard essay much. A proper paper consists of three parts. Each part represents its own point and plays a special role in the persuasion of people reading it. Here is a sample outline:
- Introduction – one paragraph about the main purpose of writing this process text. Mind to give some explanation about the uniqueness of your approach.
- Body. The biggest and the most important part to be written. Divide it into paragraphs and devote one process step for each paragraph. All paragraphs must be logically connected and follow one another step-by-step:
- Paragraph 1. The step of action or a part of an instruction. Add a few sentences with utility examples. Every time you have to supply a point with recommendations, possible mistakes, how to avoid them, and tips.
- Paragraph 2. The next step of action. It is important to follow the proper order and to devote the same number of words to each paragraph.
- Conclusion. Make your audience understand why the instruction they have just read about is useful and important in their future. This is your final chance to persuade a reader in your competency. Describe your own specific experience, if possible.
This task is a simple pattern of steps you need to describe. Use only those words that are related to the topic. Descriptions must be clear and understandable. Everything should be done with a purpose. The entire vision of the task is related to the explanatory and describing purposes.
Process Essay Writing Tips
A thesis statement is not likely to be present in a process essay. A process essay is simple. When an essay explains a process, there is no need to prove or disprove anything.
If you can divide a process action into simpler ones, do it. Imagine you are writing an instruction about finding a job for college students. Do not use the step “Compose a CV”, write down the main actions and paragraphs of CV writing. Do not write “Prepare for the interview”, write this down: “Clothes to put on for an interview”, “The interview: psychological training”.
A process essay is not a book report writing, it requires the bibliography part. Try to find and research many resources. Do not hesitate to include video materials that describe a process. Do not be afraid to borrow other instructions or combine steps from them. Do not forget about the list and citing style.
Try to be unique with writing about a process. Find and describe an unexpected approach. You have heard a word “life hack”, haven’t you? Think and act as a life hacker. No one will be interested in a process or instruction they knew and researched before.
The word limit depends on a tutor’s choice. A proper process essay is not long. If you have got a great paper to write, be confident to dissolute some interesting facts, stats, stories from life and anecdotes in your text. Find a proper place for them between the processes. Do not spoil the process algorithm and keep the interest rate high.
Always accept a reader’s new ideas and point of view. Try to understand him/her. Make an essay simple and effective - your essay presents a process. Your mind may be sharp and your instructions must be so simple that even a child can follow them. Do not forget to use citations properly.
As you can see, a process text differs from other paper types both writing and reading. It has got own peculiarities to consider. It is difficult to describe something without proper knowledge. Here is the last tip for you: do not try to describe a topic you do not know completely. Your possible incompetence is the main cause of failure. Your goal is to explain something you know well.
In case you still have any troubles with writing your paper, let us offer our services. Buy essay online cheap and the best professional writers will help you out in shortest terms. Our services are affordable and available to contact with for any student 24/7.