Did you know that 2/3 of college graduates get gift aid, and that is approximately 1.2 million young people annually out of 1.8 million graduates? That is why you should do your best to write a good scholarship essay. What makes scholarship essays different from the admission essays? The best answer to this question is: while a great admission essay is your ticket to college education after you graduate from school, a scholarship essay is something a student writes to earn extra financial support from college. How to write a scholarship essay? We will discuss it in the text below.
If you don't want to miss the opportunity to guarantee yourself a winning scholarship essay that will help to receive financial support from one of the available sources of funding, our online academic writing team is ready to assist with your writing. Take some time to learn more about what matters to your academic life and further professional career.
Several sources of scholarship are known. Define your target audience by knowing these sources:
- Colleges & universities
- Physical faces
- Religious groups
- Non-profit organizations
- Ethnic organizations
Several paragraphs can make your application stand out from the pool of scholarship essays. It is time to use your creativity accompanied by the research skills and excellent logic to make the committee wow. Keep on reading to understand how to make candy.
A scholarship is a type of college document that aims to prove that you deserve to obtain regular financial help. The basic goal is to catch an eye of the reader. The language should not be vague. It is critical to share some impressive facts from personal life & experience instead of focusing on general topics and dogmas. The officers will never choose a trivial work.
We have listed several possible sources of financing, and you should find out which one is responsible for rewarding students in your educational institution. While military structures are more interested in what you can do for your country in terms of supporting peace, religious groups may wish to learn more about your attitude towards religions and potential contribution to their league. That is why determining the audience is important.
Stage 1: Re-read the essay prompt twice
Do not hesitate to read the instructions several times until you define the main research question and highlight the most critical points. In most situation, you will have a specific topic to cover. The topics are personal, and that is why applicants should include both objective & subjective ideas in the paper. You may use a highlighter to underline the basic questions to answer.
Stage 2: Put down critical points & keywords
Many modern admissions officers check the scholarship essays with the help of special software and online checkers, so you should optimize your text like you are doing it for some kind of search engine. Pick the related keywords. Services like Ahrefs & Google Analytics should help students to select the most appropriate keywords for their scholarship essays. It is important to stress your qualification, achievements, and goals.
Stage 3: Develop a resume
Pretend that you work on your job resume. It is one of the best ways to understand how to write a scholarship essay that will deserve a financial reward. Describe a class or course that piqued your interest. It is better to talk about things you are expert in.
Stage 4: Prepare an outline
An outline is an action plan every writer needs. It will serve as your compass. It is obvious that you should have an introduction, body, and conclusion.
Stage 5: Get ready with a powerful thesis
A thesis is the main argument of the entire academic paper that you have to support with credible evidence trying to prove your point of view. It should summarize your position. Make it concise and clear. A thesis statement goes at the end of the opening paragraph to show up later at the beginning of your conclusion.
Scholarship Essay Outline Example
Take a look at the outline sample on the example of the book that inspired you the most:
The book my best friend recommended to me
- The friend opened my eyes to new approaches to analyzing things
- An outside reading that took all my attention
Read it in one weekend
- I read quickly to learn the culmination
- The academic potential went up after reading the book
Changed my worldview
- Started to look for jobs in the field of medicine & nursing
- Would like to keep on helping people
- Interned for a summer volunteer club to provide the first aid
Motivated to pursue a career in healthcare
- This book is my source of inspiration
- This literary piece makes me value the world around and resources more than. I used before reading it
Writing such paper is not about taking part. It is about winning. The part below explains how to write a winning scholarship essay with the help of valuable tips shared by the top students from the best colleges & universities.
Getting Ready with an Outstanding Scholarship Essay
We have discussed the pre-writing stages & outline. What else may you need to work it out? Here are the things that will help you to understand how to write a winning scholarship application essay!
- Describe the extent of the leadership experience.
- Mention the degree of accomplishment, the outcomes, and whether you grew a society from 10 members to more than a hundred members through your tenure.
- Reasons to get involved in the leadership experience.
- Recall the former motivation and the way the experience made you feel; show your sincerity, honesty, & passion.
- List the obstacles on your way and the methods to handle them.
- If you share a dramatic story from personal life, the chances the judges will want to help you go up. Stress your excellent leadership qualities and experiences to prove that you never give up trying to find solutions even to the most complicated problems.
- List the lessons learned during the program.
- Reflect on your experiences and show that you understand what leadership means on the specific lessons that you learned.
- Provide some forecasts for the future.
- Based on your leadership experience and personal purposes, let the readers know your plans for the future that would explain your desire to study the selected field, earn the grant, & work in the related area.
Tips for Writing a Winning Scholarship EssayWhen you aim to apply for scholarship, you definitely want to win. Check some our advice that will help you create a strong scholarship essay:
- start early and save yourself enough time for writing your essay
- choose the topic you have passion for, something you are really interested in
- check the examples of scholarship essays that managed to win
- do not start with a quote by famous people
- be honest and be yourself
- do not tell fake stories
- keep focus on the essay topic
- have positive attitude and positive language
- do not speak bad of other candidates
- demonstrate why you are the best candidate
- do not just tell about the difficulties you faced, describe how you overcome them and what experience you have gained
- promote yourself, but no bragging
- do not tell that you just need money
- explain and demonstrate what for you need scholarship
- do not use curse words
- show emotions, but do not exaggerate
- proofread carefully to avoid any type of errors (you can use grammar checking applications)
How to Write a 500 Scholarship EssayScholarship essays are ususally short, and 500 words is the most common size for this type of writing when applying for scholarships. We recommend to create an outline first and include all the main ideas into it not to miss important points. If you are not good at writing, you can seek for academic assistance. Professional writers will help you create a winning essay according to the given instructions. Here are some tips that will help you write a winning scholarship essay.
- fit into the word limit
- follow the instructions and the essay prompt
- make sure the topic you have chosen can be covered in 500 words
- keep to the standard essay structure (introduction, main body, conclusion)
- do not give too many details
- avoid spending half of the paper on expressing your gratefulness for the unique chance to apply
- make sure to address the question set
That is it! We have discussed how to write a winning scholarship essay. Our team of academic writers & editors can help with your homework assignments or scholarship essays if you need urgent, qualified assistance. By buying an essay from us today, you guarantee your brilliant scholarship or grant!