Everything you need to understand what a reaction paper is and how actually write a good one is gathered in this article. This is the main aim of it and of our experts who are responsible for its creation. We will try to explain to you how to write a reaction paper using the knowledge you have at the moment and those you are going to adopt from this article.
This is an assignment requiring your personal opinion to be demonstrated and properly explained to the audience. You need to come up with a conclusion regarding the main topic of your essay. So bringing your own thoughts and experience to the table is the main task you need to cope with. And our professional writers and editors will tell you how to make properly and easily to get the highest grade.
Tips on How to Write a Reaction Paper
To start with, you need to clearly understand that your task is not just to impress your tutor but to show how good you are analyzing the situation and how good you can explain your opinion. So analytical, researching and writing skills are equally important.
There are few parts your paper should be divided into.
- In the very first part the Introduction you need to provide some certain info about the author and the topic you are examining. Creating an outline before writing your main draft is always a good idea. You should use the source given to you by the tutor is your main one. Direct quotations are absolutely normal and totally allowed.
- The second part is where you need to state your own opinion regarding the main problem. Discuss the topic and offer your ideas. Express your opinion clearly. Extract the main problem and focus on it. In case there are few equal level subjects to discuss, take your time and present your point of view regarding all of them. relate the main problem to modern society or even separate individuals. Use solid arguments extracted from the main source and compare your point of view to the one the author has.
Helpful Notes and Recommendations
Now it is clear reaction paper is a hard thing to write. And it is always a good idea to use samples to learn from them. Mixed with various guides such as this one you are reading information opens more angles of the task. Here are a few useful notes you can start with:
- You should read the source very carefully and stay focused to get all the details noted and memorized.
- You can use something to highlight all the main ideas of the text or even write it down.
- Describe your point of view creating a thesis. Describe it with just one single sentence for the start. Then you will develop other sentences and evidence to support it.
- Use other sources to support your reaction and ideas.
Mistakes to Avoid in Your Reaction Paper
As any other writing tasks reaction paper one has some common mistakes we need to avoid while writing. Here are few we are totally sure about:
- Do not write your paper summarizing the source. Your task is to analyze the content and come up with your personal opinion regarding the problem and its potential solution.
- While you need to always use examples and evidence to support your opinion, you need to use only reliable ones. Besides, your examples should directly relate to the topic.
- Do not be afraid to conflict with the author of the source. You are not supposed to support their ideas. Your task is to present your personal opinion and if it differs drastically from one the author has, it is normal.
Reaction Paper Outline and Format
Writing within the proper format is the keystone of any academic task and one of the main reasons you can count on a good grade. Use proper paper format instructions and your personal notes to create an outline and subsequently create your main draft from scratch.
The outline, in this case, gives you an opportunity to check how the reflection paper looks in the final result. It is also very easy to move from one paragraph to another easily and with short pauses. It also helps to set the proper length of the paper and not to miss any of the important details.
As any other academic assignment reaction paper consists of three main parts plus the list of citations and sources:
Parts of Reaction Paper
The Introduction part is probably the most important one as this is literary the first thing your reader sees and interacts with. Within just a few sentences and one paragraph, you need to hook your reader up, introduce your topic, state your point of view, and get your reader interested in continuing with the essay. Avoid making your Introduction too long and all over the place. Make your thesis statement straight to the point and clear. Keep in mind you will need to get back to it all the time while creating your paper.
The Introduction is important but it is the Body where the real writing starts. All your thoughts and ideas should be supported with facts and citations from reliable sources. Do not go too far off the original source though. Always keep your arguments within the initial theme. You can add any information to support your point of view but it should be directly related to the main topic.
The conclusion is the last part of an academic paper and this one in particular. Here you should restate your thesis but avoid adding any new information to the table. Your point of view is clear and now the reader is to decide if you were right.
As any other writing task response paper has its tricky moments you need to reckon with. In case, any problems occur with your essay, you always can ask our experts for help. Just contact us in any way available and we will create a perfect response paper for you.