Going Google in education means a win-win situation for teachers and students. For teachers, there is no need always to be present in class. Student receives a unique opportunity to learn the things faster and easier in case they started using education tools. Education apps allow studying remotely. It is very useful when a student is sick or overloaded with home duties, but should have started learning long before.
Let's share how different schools and colleges use Google Apps for learning and share resources with each other. In this article, you will find various tips and tricks as well as what's new in the field of applications.
Teachers simply love using Google apps to:
- Improve instructions
- Make job as a teacher easier
- Provide real world experiences to support student learning effectively and with high security level
When they have no opportunity to stay in the classroom all the time, they can turn on the software and ask students to follow its instructions. Google apps also help to stimulate student’s learning through the number of colorful games, videos, and pictures. As far as most of the kids visualize things better until the end of the high school, they perceive things better when having an opportunity to watch an example. A real life example based on successful experience doubles the chances of memorizing the study material faster.
Distant learning is hard to imagine without education tools that will present real effectiveness and security. Use these tools whenever you cannot attend classes for different reasons. This is a perfect approach to studying when a student has no time because of the part-time job or internship. After all, such activities usually provide students with more valuable experience so that some classes can be skipped. Education apps will help to catch up with the rest of your peers.
Who Will Benefit?
There are three groups of people who benefit from applying Google mobile and computer apps in and after the classes. They are:
We can also name parents as the latest technology makes it possible to control the progress of children remotely by watching study reports that include ranking, grades, GPA, and other important information. And there is no need to be an expert in Java, HTML, or any other programming languages to create corresponding websites and docs – education tools will do everything.
There are many ways to use Google apps in order to create technological classroom these days.
Such tips for education include:
- Create opportunities for blended learning
- Design and share collaborative files
- Distribute handouts
- Share solutions to problems and case studies
- Use online writing services to improve education and literacy
- Stress student exemplars
- Promote differentiation
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Quit lecturing when there is no need
- Visualize with the help of colorful education tools
- Work on better instructions
- Share free ideas
- Keep record of all students
- Post regular updates on education process
- Make up a guide of any complexity
- Create 100% Google classroom thanks to numerous apps for education
A good example of the digital classroom is a tool known as a Chromebook. It may replace any traditional textbook in the world.
We are not going to list all Google apps here, but it is worth mentioning such tool as Gmail which was first used to raise the level of communication between tutors and students. Many students use Google drive for storage and sharing information and teacher’s instructions for years. Google docs and other main productivity apps were designed to make academic and business life easier on the go. It prevents from the need to be always present at your workplace or in class and contact everyone needed online. Google Slides serve as an easy and online program for creating and editing the presentation. Among the less used we can outline such apps as Google Keep, Google Translate, Expeditions by Google, Science Journal, Google Cloud, Cloud Print, Calculator, Google Arts & Culture, and other products.
What Are the Best Google Apps for Education
The G Suite for Education Core Services named as “Core Services” are presented in the Services Summary and consist of such products of google for education as:
- Classroom (collaborates all communities)
- Contacts (personal/for groups/teaching communities)
- Chrome Sync.
Is Google Apps for Education free?
A suite of the leading in class productivity tools was designed for both teaching and learning the particular content. That is why, G Suite for Education is free for students, teachers, and administrators. Moreover, it will remain free for schools in future as well, so everyone who desires to learn easier can apply.
Top 6 free google apps for education
- Google Classroom. This app designed by google for education creates a virtual classroom. It aims to enhanced communication between students and teachers, improve organization of the learning process, fasten the grading process.\
- Khan Academy. Khan Academy provides diverse online courses and training that help students prepare for standardized tests such as SAT, LSAT, MCAT, and others. The platform aims to help students learn in multiple languages aside from English, track their learning progress, and practise numerous exercises.
- edX. edX app integrates different courses and training for building a professional career. You can get professional certificates as well as university credit after finishing any of the courses. The platform aims to provide video tutorials, study material handouts, and keep students interested throughout the whole learning process with interactive quizzes.
- Duolingo. Duolingo app tracks student’s performance in order to integrate some insights and unlock new levels and tasks created to improve reading and listening comprehension.This app supports more than 30 languages aside from English, has different interactive stories, forum discussion, language learning events, and leaderboards competitions.
- Quizlet. Quizlet consists of millions of flashcards. A student can also create flashcards in the topic he/she is interested in, and share the created ones with the other students and express their own creativity. This app contains a lot of gaming activities and gives numerous study reminders. Here, students can practice tests, study different sets for standardized exams, and use custom images or audio materials to enhance learning.
Udemy. Udemy is an exciting tool to learn different content at our own creativity pace. For example, if students feel stuck at a particular lesson, they can ask many direct questions to the other students or instructors with higher level of course knowledge. Using this free app students get expert instructors to get higher grades, join community discussions, create community surveys, and have interactive learning.
We believe that we have mentioned the most valuable advantages of using Google apps when it comes to solving the main issue with education in the United States and all over the world. If you are not obtaining the best of modern technology yet, try to download and start using education-related Google apps today. In addition, turn to other efficient sources of knowledge such as online writing companies where you can order the essay or research paper of any difficulty to get the highest grades.